In this session...
Our session will cover what the UK really looks like now and how it’s changing, showing first-hand the impact that inauthentic advertising will have on your brand. It will offer the opportunity to learn from brands that are leading the way in diverse advertising and understand how to make your brand relevant to the whole of the UK, and not just the shrinking majority.
Diversity is a core business issue, not just a CSR project. As our population continues to diversify, if our industry fails to keep up, we risk no longer understanding the people we are trying to talk to.
This cannot be solved by quotas or casting- diversity needs to embedded into the media planning and creative process from the outset, an awareness that helps ensure authenticity in the space. This is important because ‘diverse’ campaigns produced exclusively by mainstream teams are often ineffective in talking to the audiences they are trying to appeal to.
We will present the learnings of MediaCom's diversity research project, followed by a panel discussion on what we're getting right, what we're getting wrong and where we go from here.
What You'll Learn from This Session...
- Learn what the UK really looks like now and how it’s changing
- See first-hand the impact inauthentic advertising can have on your brand
- Learn from brands who are leading the way in diverse advertising
- Meet experts, who understand the audiences you don’t
- Learn how to make your brand relevant the whole of the UK, and not just the shrinking majority